
Some months are like that. It's one funeral after another. This was one of those. While checking out the times for a funeral for a member of our club, two columns over I see the obit for a friend's brother. I hadn't seen her in a few months and wondered why she never returned our calls for a get together. A day later another friend passed away after keeping her cancer a secret for months. Melancholy overload... now I always wonder why the death of some stars really gets to me. I don't know them only their image and work but I guess we are all influenced by them somehow. I was shaken up when I first heard the news of Elizabeth Montgomery's death. I loved her and was such a fan of her work. So although I knew this day would come for Patrick Swayze, I felt terrible none the less. Not the greatest actor, but a sincere one and somehow a person we felt was a good and kind man. I could watch Dirty Dancing every night and not be bored with it. Who else could have pulled off that role. A low budget movie with some corny lines, but he delivered them like it was an Academy Award caliber picture. I felt so bad for his sufering, but after watching tributes to his life and career, it seemed he had much happiness. What more can be said for any of us?
No comments:
Post a Comment