Saturday, September 19, 2009

Coming home from Limbo

The knee replacement surgery is a month past now and it seems like things are coming along. There is quite a bit of pin still and P will meet with the doc on Monday for the post op visit. Between the hospital, the rehab, and the two weeks at home I have been getting on average 5 hours sleep a night. According to the PT he's coming along great, but he is known to be easily discouraged throughout his life. So it's not unusual that he would think he's not doing well. Everyone said that the recuperation is the hardest part. And I aggrevate him when I tell him that my knees are in good shape for 59 years old because I never slid into third base, skied down a hill full of moguls, water skied, rode a dirt bike, played soccer, and any other things his knees have done in their 58 years. So all in all I have been in Limbo for the summer when you take into account the months of pain before the surgery. We had to bail out on pretty much every social event of the summer. I'm hoping things will improve.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi Maggie-
Thank you for stopping by my blog! I always am glad when my story resonates with others who have struggled with childlessness. As much as I have worked through the issue, I know only those who have walked in my shoes understand fully the depths of the despair I experienced.
My faith too went through some trying times given my infertility and the loss of my Mom. God and I have a very honest relationship. Hopefully entrance into the pearly gates is based on honesty and transparency. If so, I'm a shoe in!
Hugs,
Stephanie