Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer of 2009...a bust


On the 4th of July my mother used to say the summer was half over. This year it's over before it started...at least in New England. Now I know why designers skip summer and go right from Spring to Fall. Why bother with any summer clothes. All we need is one dress up outfit, some shorts and tops, a pair of capris, maybe a skirt, and a couple of pairs of cute shoes. Done. You'd be lucky to wear even that list. Now we can concentrate on the trapings of Fall and Winter. Oh those beautiful wools, tweeds, cashmere, yes, yes, yes! Well, anyway, maybe I should start on that winter coat that never made it out of the planning stage last year. So let's see...I need some good wool slacks, a great jacket and coat, a couple of interesting winter dresses.

As I write this I am awaiting my Vilene order from the UK. I just received my Burda tissue paper and carbon paper. Everyone has their own method of tracing Burda WOF, but once I knew that Burda put out it's own, I was hooked, I had to have it. By the way, here is a pic from last year at this time.

No comments: