Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Gray

Gray skies in the morning...gray skies at night...yeah, it's November. Well, anyway the seasons are interesting to say the least. I love how nature is totally beyond our control and has a perfect rhythm. People claim to dislike fall and winter, but they are excited about the holidays and the fashions and even the outdoor activities winter brings. And, let's face it...they like the snow. I know I do. I just read and article from an old Yankee magazine that described the haunting beauty of freshly fallen snow on a bitter cold night. There's is nothing more wonderful than bundling up and heading out for a walk on a night like that. I can't wait for one to come. Laura Ingalls did just that out on the Prairie. The beauty of the sparkling snow pulled her from the cozy warm cabin one night. Maybe ever since reading that, I felt the same pull. Oh well, got to think snow now that baseball is over for the season!

1 comment:

Lily said...

Hi Maggie! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. :)